When you make payments to The Hockey Network, you agree to these Payments Terms.
I. Making Purchases
- When you confirm a transaction with The Hockey Network, you agree to be bound by and pay for that transaction.
- Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, which you are responsible for paying.
- Don't commit to a transaction unless you are ready to pay, because all sales are final.
- If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, your only remedy is to receive a refund of your purchase price.
- You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH FACEBOOK.
II. Payment Sources
We want to make payments convenient, so we allow you to make payments using a number of different payment sources, like credit cards and debit cards, through Paypal.
- When you provide a payment source to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that payment source. You also authorize us to collect and store transaction information.
- When you make a payment, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment source you designate for the transaction.
- If you pay by credit or debit card we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount up to the amount of the purchase. We will bill your card at the time of purchase or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, that pre-approval may result in your funds not otherwise being immediately available.
- If you pay by debit card and your payment results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
III. Using Points
You may use Points from The Hockey Network to purchase goods from our THN Points Store.
- When you purchase or receive points, you do not own the points. Rather, you receive a limited right to use such points in connection with certain features on The Hockey Network, such as the purchase of an item in our THN Points Store.
- You will not sell points to anyone, or transfer them to anyone outside of The Hockey Network.
- We may change the purchase points price for the THN Points Store at any time as well as the ways that you can use or transfer points. We also reserve the right to stop issuing points.
- Points are not redeemable for any sum of money from us unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- If you leave a balance of points unused for three years, we may redeem those points by sending points to your The Hockey Network friends or donating the points to a nonprofit organization of our choice (and charging standard redemption fees for those transactions).
- If you deactivate your account and do not reactivate it within 6 months, or if you delete your account, you will lose any accumulated points.
- If we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within 6 months, we may redeem those points by donating the points to a nonprofit organization of our choice (and charging standard redemption fees for those transactions).
- If you receive free or promotional points, we may expire them at any time.
IV. Actions We May Take
As part of our effort to keep The Hockey Network safe, we may take certain actions to reduce liability for users and us.
- We may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- We may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, limit payment sources for a transaction, limit your ability to make a payment or deactivate your account if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
- We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or impacted third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys' fees. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of the lesser of 1% per month or the lawful maximum.
V. Disputes and Reversals
- If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim in writing to us within 30 days after the charge.
- You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorized or accepted.
- If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased we have no liability for such goods or services.
- We may intervene in disputes between users concerning payments but have no obligation to do so.
- Your only remedy for a technical failure or interruption of service is to request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
VI. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
- When you purchase advertising on or through The Hockey Network, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- You can cancel an advertising order at any time through our online portal, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
- Without limiting section 4.1, your order constitutes your written authorization for us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau. We may obtain your credit report when you place an order, or at any time thereafter.
- It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
VII. Notices and Amendments to These Payments Terms
- We may provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by mail shall be considered received within three business days of the time sent.
- Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to payments and these Payment Terms by postal mail to:
The Hockey Network, LLC
75 Eisenhower Parkway, Suite 150
Roseland, NJ 07068
- The Payment Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
- If you are under the age of 18, you may make payments only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. You should review these Payments Terms with a parent or guardian to make sure that you both understand them.
- These Payments Terms are between you and The Hockey Network, LLC. References to "us," "we," and "our" mean The Hockey Network, LLC.
- Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through The Hockey Network. Nothing in these Payments Terms should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws.