Share hockey on Facebook

1 year, 9 months ago 1

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

Anyone else excited?

Brent
www.uppercornerhockey.com
visit:
www.uppercornerhockey.com and click "like" Sub4Sub on youtube.com/uppercornerhockey

1 year, 9 months ago 2

• eportn02

So excited, even have tickets to opening night. Too bad I'll be out of town for a hockey tournament this weekend
"Patrice Bergeron, you are a magnificent player!" -The one and only Jack Edwards

1 year, 9 months ago 3

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

OH bummer. Are the tickets for Boston? Maybe you can sell um?

eportn02 wrote:
So excited, even have tickets to opening night. Too bad I'll be out of town for a hockey tournament this weekend
visit:
www.uppercornerhockey.com and click "like" Sub4Sub on youtube.com/uppercornerhockey

1 year, 9 months ago 4

• eportn02

Oh I'm pretty sure I could, but A) I love the Bruins and I can't wait to go to a game. I swear the owners knew my plan and specifically ended the lockout when they did to make me miss the home opener. And this was the only game in January I got tickets to, meaning I won't be able to take advantage of the free concessions / 25% off at the Pro Shop promotions. They're also giving out free t-shirts that game.
"Patrice Bergeron, you are a magnificent player!" -The one and only Jack Edwards

1 year, 9 months ago 5

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

Damn that sucks even more

but they should be giving out more than 25% off.

I wish they did a 50% off or more all NHL gear. In every store!

eportn02 wrote:
Oh I'm pretty sure I could, but A) I love the Bruins and I can't wait to go to a game. I swear the owners knew my plan and specifically ended the lockout when they did to make me miss the home opener. And this was the only game in January I got tickets to, meaning I won't be able to take advantage of the free concessions / 25% off at the Pro Shop promotions. They're also giving out free t-shirts that game.
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 6

• eportn02

I'm pretty sure the merchandise discounts are only to dupe people who wouldn't otherwise buy anything into spending tons of extra money in the pro shop. It's definitely a tactic of these owners to make a couple extra bucks and I'm not falling for it anyway.

With the shortened season, it looks like Bruins tickets have increased by over 20% in price (my seats that were $72 last season are now over $86 each)

I was thinking this afternoon about better ways the owners could "apologize" to the fans. The thing I thought of is to have the owner of each team standing by the entrance to the arena, after the ticket-takers. Once fans enter and have their tickets scanned, they form a line to gut punch the owner (again, I thought of this particularly with Jeremy Jacobs in mind) before happily proceeding to their seats. This would make me SO much happier than a couple "free" hot dogs.

1 year, 9 months ago 7

• JonasHillerfan
  • Staff OFFLINE

I'm not planning to go to any games soon, to impose my weak but still existent dislike of the lockout, but I still can't wait for a season. NHL, Here we go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: uppercornerhockey

1 year, 9 months ago 8

• bostonbruins4313

i no this is a terrible question but is this when the first nhl game is gonna be played???????
I Love the boston bruins.Hockey is my favorite sport:>

1 year, 9 months ago 9

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

This is far from a terrible question. Here is the list of the first games that will be played on January 19th

www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=......1ac.1.oS0OdTBDeAw

btw I live in Randolph, NJ. Not to far from ya.

Brent

bostonbruins4313 wrote:
i no this is a terrible question but is this when the first nhl game is gonna be played???????
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 10

• bostonbruins4313

thnx and hahaha thts pretty cool small world my parents would say have you ever played at aspen ice?

1 year, 9 months ago 11

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

Aspen is the rink across from Bayer Health Care right? Or is Aspen in Randolph? I used to play back in the Day at Mennen and in Hamilton Ice (or what ever they call it these days)

Brent

bostonbruins4313 wrote:
thnx and hahaha thts pretty cool small world my parents would say have you ever played at aspen ice?
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 12

• bostonbruins4313

uppercornerhockey wrote:
Aspen is the rink across from Bayer Health Care right? Or is Aspen in Randolph? I used to play back in the Day at Mennen and in Hamilton Ice (or what ever they call it these days)

Brent

bostonbruins4313 wrote:

yeah Mennen is still called that and yeah Aspen/ Rock ice is in Randolph and btw its the Arena for Jersey Freeze kinda like how Mennen is for The Colonials

1 year, 9 months ago 13

• eportn02

uppercornerhockey wrote:

I don't even live near NJ but I've skated at Mennen (and been on the roof too!)

1 year, 9 months ago 14

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

Yeah I have yet to make it to Aspen yet. Maybe I'll take my kids over the weekend before the Devils game and check it out. My buddy works in that building. He tells me to come visit all the time.

What is the ice rink in Morristown then? The one that was a converted Tennis center. Alpine? It is right across the street Bayer Healthcare building. I was asked to play there but my buddy broke his wrist and hasn't gone back. I need to find a good laid back old mans league but I don't think there is any.

bostonbruins4313 wrote:
uppercornerhockey wrote:

Brent

bostonbruins4313 wrote:

yeah Mennen is still called that and yeah Aspen/ Rock ice is in Randolph and btw its the Arena for Jersey Freeze kinda like how Mennen is for The Colonials
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 15

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

Mennen is a good old skool rink. Bare bones. What you see is what you get! or WYSIWYG

But can I ask Why where you on the roof?

eportn02 wrote:
uppercornerhockey wrote:

I don't even live near NJ but I've skated at Mennen (and been on the roof too!)
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 16

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

Kinda goes with the whole theme so I figured I'd keep posting here.

Brent
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 17

• jers43

Can't wait! So excited for the season let's hope my job doesn't get in the way!
Jers
The following user(s) said Thank You: uppercornerhockey

1 year, 9 months ago 18

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

My campaign continues....

Can ya tell i can't wait till the season starts?

Brent
visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 19

• uppercornerhockey
  • Staff OFFLINE

visit:

1 year, 9 months ago 20

• eportn02

uppercornerhockey wrote:
But can I ask Why where you on the roof?

My company was involved in commissioning the solar installation they put in there about 2 years ago. I wish more rinks would do what they did.

mennen.JPG
  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  Next 
  •  End