The Hockey Network
Advantages of being a hockey fan in a small market for an unpopular team

Advantages of being a hockey fan in a small market for an unpopular team

Page
   Share hockey on Facebook

1 year, 8 months ago 1

• george
  • Staff OFFLINE

Everyone always rips on hockey teams in small markets or places where they're unpopular, like Phoenix, Florida, Tampa Bay, etc. But I think it's time to look at the advantages...

You can easily get tickets all the time and tickets are super cheap.

It's kind of funny when you think about it.

A fan up in Canada or New York will make fun of a fan in Florida, "haha no one likes hockey there"

The fan in Canada or New York pays $200 to go to a game, the fan in the Florida pays $15, who really gets the last laugh?

Just something I was thinking about that I thought I'd share.
THN Staff
Retired goalie
The Pingry School
University of Wisconsin

1 year, 8 months ago 2

• JonasHillerfan
  • Staff OFFLINE

Yeah, I wouldn't care if I was in florida, it's worth it if it's cheap. I have never gone to a NHL game and sat lower than the top 5 rows in the cheapest tear, but then I only pay $15 a game or oven as low as $4 depending where online I buy them. I don't really care about the geography, as long as you're a hockey fan.

1 year, 8 months ago 3

• eportn02

With the news of the Panthers' promotion for this year ($7 tickets in a full season plan) it got me thinking. I could go to all 24 home games in Florida for about the price of 2 5th row balcony seats at the Garden here.

What that tells me though, is that whatever those owners aren't creating in profits from ticket sales, it's being subsidized by the other owners, which is exactly why you can barely get into the Garden for $100.
"Patrice Bergeron, you are a magnificent player!" -The one and only Jack Edwards

1 year, 8 months ago 4

• george
  • Staff OFFLINE

eportn02 wrote:
With the news of the Panthers' promotion for this year ($7 tickets in a full season plan) it got me thinking. I could go to all 24 home games in Florida for about the price of 2 5th row balcony seats at the Garden here.

What that tells me though, is that whatever those owners aren't creating in profits from ticket sales, it's being subsidized by the other owners, which is exactly why you can barely get into the Garden for $100.

I don't think there is that much revenue sharing in the new CBA, but I"m not sure

I am pretty sure that revenue sharing or not, the prices would be the same in Boston and other big markets. All supply and demand.
THN Staff
Retired goalie
The Pingry School
University of Wisconsin